A legacy can help to preserve and build on the work of the Harris for the enjoyment of future generations. Find out more about leaving a legacy to the Friends of the Harris.
Your legacy - the most valuable donation of all
Probably the most valuable donation you can make is through your will, and making a will is one of the most positive things you can do. It offers you peace of mind, securing the future of your loved ones and the things you care about.
To find out more about how you can leave a legacy to the Friends of the Harris in your will, why not download our legacies leaflet.
You can also read about four very different people who have chosen to leave a legacy to the Friends.
Read the PDF of stories from people who have left legacies to the Friends of the Harris.
If you are thinking of including the Harris in your will we would like to take the opportunity to thank you. If you would like to contact us to discuss your legacy and personal preferences, Development Manager Hilary Machell would welcome the opportunity to talk to you in confidence and with no obligation.
Puck by Richard Dadd 1841 (pictured above) was made possible by support from the Friends of the Harris and a bequest by Dorothy Wade.
Projects supported by the Friends
In recent years the Friends have supported a range of museum projects, including:
• Tours, talks and learning activities for adults and children in the Discover Preston history gallery
• Family events for weekends and school holidays
• Purchase of a charger by leading 20th century studio potter Bernard Leach
• Discover Preston: The museum’s new history gallery
• Purchase of Portrait of Richard Arkwright, by Joseph Wright of Derby
• Purchase of Serena Reading, by George Romney
• Purchase of a contemporary bowl by Halima Cassell
• New scent bottle cases and fine art display cases
• Embellished: The Art of Fabulous Fabrics exhibition
• Enchanted Worlds: Art of Fairy Stories and Mermaid Tales exhibition
• Our Best Dresses (Horrockses Fashions) exhibition
• Conservation of Joseph Livesey: Sons of Temperance banner
• Exhibition catalogues
You can ensure the museum continues to inspire future generations by giving a gift in your will. By leaving a legacy you can make a lasting difference and help secure the future of the Harris.
Find out more information about how you can leave a gift to the Friends of the Harris in your Will.
Friends of the Harris Museum & Art Gallery
Registered Charity Number: 503726